Old 03-06-2010, 12:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Cucuber V gourds

I have made a bit of a error. I planted several pots of cucumber and
gourds few weeks ago which are all growing well and now need to be
planted out, only problem is I do not know which is which ( I was not
roganised enough to lable them )

This would not be a problem but I want to keep the cucmbers in the
greenhouse and the gourds can go outside

Does anyone know any way of identifying them ? I could sort out some
pictures if anyone thinks they could indentify them from the
pictures.

One big difference between the two is one type has massive root growth
out of the bottom of the pot, just mention in case this helps

Cheers

Phil
Old 03-06-2010, 03:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Phil wrote:
I have made a bit of a error. I planted several pots of cucumber and
gourds few weeks ago which are all growing well and now need to be
planted out, only problem is I do not know which is which ( I was not
roganised enough to lable them )

This would not be a problem but I want to keep the cucmbers in the
greenhouse and the gourds can go outside

Does anyone know any way of identifying them ? I could sort out some
pictures if anyone thinks they could indentify them from the
pictures.

It's hard in the cucurbit family. Bill who putters found this:

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~taber...tification.pdf

Note thread from 5-13

Jeff

One big difference between the two is one type has massive root growth
out of the bottom of the pot, just mention in case this helps

Cheers

Phil

Gourds and more gourds Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 26-09-2007 01:31 AM
Latge Gourds artiegee United Kingdom 1 14-03-2004 04:23 PM
Small gourds for sale Elizabeth North Carolina 0 29-07-2003 02:15 AM
Peppers and gourds David A. King United Kingdom 0 15-07-2003 10:20 PM
birdhouse gourds michele Gardening 7 08-04-2003 04:20 PM