Old 05-06-2010, 02:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Trying something different

"Thos" wrote in message
A typical response from the dumbass you are. Nothing changes.

Dam dude, who licked the red off of your candy?

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Thos" wrote:

We have 10 year established beds, heavily amended with organic matter,
lava
sand, green sand, soft rock phosphate and organic fertilizer. After
reading
how buying tomato starts which can be contaminated with blight, we
ordered
seed for heirloom tomatoes from an Oregon supplier. We started the
seeds in
flats in the portable greenhouse, and then moved them outside when it
warmed
up, the transplanted them to the garden. We started the seeds in mid
February. Out of the greenhouse by mid to late March and into the
garden.
Today, all of the transplants are over 5 feet tall with no indication of
blight and strong healthy fruit. I'll never buy starts again.
If anyone wants photos of these plants, I'll be happy to oblige.
Happily gardening in paradise....(zone 8) in North Texas...expecting 102
degrees by Saturday...

BTW...I won't bore you with the amazing asparagus beds...lol

The fungus can come on the seeds too, so only deal with reputable
sources, but even then, they may have suppliers, freakin' "global
economy". Your seeds could come from China, or worse, and you would
never know, until the recall.
--
- Billy