Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
E. Mito

Default First tank photos!!!!

In article ,
(BruceKGeist) writes:

I really like your tank pics.. very nice. The red plant just to the right of
center-- what is that one?

Have you angels spawned? They look like a matched pair.

I enjoyed your web site very much!

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the comments! I am very pleased with how the photos came out,
too...my first attempt at digital camera photography.

I believe the plant you are asking about is the Ludwigia mullerti (I bought all
my plants from True Aquarium Plants). It is really wonderful -- at first I
thought it wasn't anything spectacular; the tops of the leaves, which at first
were the only side visible, are a sort of brownish pale green. But when I was
cleaning the tank, I accidentally flipped up one of the leaves and discovered
the intense beautiful red underside! So now I try to keep some of the leaves
pointed up so you can see the coloration. According to Phyl's website, this
plant needs strong lighting else it loses it red color. I have 2 wpg and the
plant still looks great after a month. Hope this is enough to keep it that
way.

As for my angels, YES they have spawned SEVERAL times. They are actually my
favorite fish, although when I got them they were very young and I didn't know
they would turn out to like each other so much. I have fry from 3 of their
spawns, the oldest being 2 1/2 months old and ready to be adopted. I just
moved them from their old home where they spawned about 8 times in the last
four months (only saved 3 sets of fry, though) to the new 55 gallon. They have
not spawned there yet; I am guessing either because spawning season is over or
because they don't yet feel completely at home in their new tank.

Thanks again for the comments. I just put up pictures last night of my little
2 gallon betta tank and my planted 10 gallon, too.

Erica