Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
E. Mito

Default First tank photos!!!!

In article . rogers.com,
"Marvin Hlavac" writes:

The 55g pics are gorgeous, very colorful, very clean aquarium. I don't have a
digital camera myself but I have easy access to someone else's. I'm not good
at
taking pictures and today I was playing with it. When I take picture of my
tank
some bright leaves instead of appearing bright green they just look white on
the
photo :-( I have no idea what setting to change :-(

Anyway, here is one photo:
http://onehappygirl.com/october25.jpg

Hi Marvin!

Thanks for the comments! I didn't know what I was doing when I was playing
with my digital camera, which is why I am so astounded that the pics came out
as well as they did. I fell asleep reading the instruction manual last night
so I still don't know about all its bells and whistles, yet. One thing that
might help is if you touch up your photos with a program like Adobe
photoshop...I got some really poor-quality photos (taken with my regular camera
before I got the digital) back from the film developer, but after I lowered the
brightness and increased the contrast, they turned out really beautiful (well,
of course as the owner of the pictures I am biased).

I like the october25 photo a lot! it's very artistic and of course has that
beautiful discus of yours. It looks like you added some new plants since your
last photo? Someday I'd like to setup a big discus tank myself, but that's not
for a LOOOONG time when I'm finished with school. I have my hands full enough
now as it is.

Thanks for sharing; let us know when you have new pictures!!

Erica