Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Mark Trueman

Default White deposit all over tank

ive got some white deposits in my tank on my valis. I used to have some
green hair algae on them, not a really virulent version, just a bit of fuzz
and the odd longer hair appearing every other day or so. I think this is in
the process of dying through my new co2/fertilisation and is turning white.

So maybe it is dying algae.

"alex crouvier" wrote in message
My 15-galloner has white deposits all over. There used to be brown algae
which my Ottos and SAEs never really cleaned up. I have removed my
busy-looking accomplished-nothing SAEs to my fast fish tank. I still have
higher hope with my Ottos. Now the brown algae has now become white...it
looks rather disturbing. I did a 30% water change, switch off the lights
earlier (6 hour daily), and wait how it develops int he following week.
However, the whitish stuff is still a concern...

I have 2 male Holland Rams
2 Neons
5 Aplocheilichtys (sp?) Normanis
1 Golden Wonder Panchax
2 Ottos
3 unidentified catfish/loaches (looks like Chinese loaches but
with common plleco markings)

Plants: Hygro difformis, anubias nana, corkscrew vals, hygro polysperma
"sunset",
crypto balanse, and unidentified stem plants

pH 7
kH 3
lights 4 watts/gallon
Nitrite 0.1g/mL