Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
alex crouvier

Default White deposit all over tank

Looks just like brown algae, only white. They cover lower part of my front
and side glass and the whole of my back in random patches.

Also of note is part of ignorance regarding Epsom salt. I dose my 15-gallon
tank recently: 1 heaping teaspoon.
Not sure if that causes the initial brown algae appearance and almost
immediately replaced or become what I referred to as the "white covering."

"Marlin" wrote in message
What exactly is the white stuff covering? Is it on pieces of wood or on

all
surfaces? Is the white stuff "fluffy" looking or more like a powder?

The reason I ask is that on newly introduced pieces of drift wood, it's

not
uncommon for a white fungus to temporarily appear. The stuff is harmless
and usually goes away on its own after a week or so. If it is anything
else, I will have to let some other more knowledgeable answer that one.

Marlin