Old 20-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Acgelok

Default HELP! What kind of algae is this and who will eat it?

It is quickly spreading all over tank
light grey in color
stringy, like hair or thread (but I though hair algae is green?)
has small balls on it (spores?), they are about the size of a period
(font size 12)

Your discription sounds like black brush algae or BBA I had it 2 months ago and
was advised by this forum to get some SAE's siamese algae eaters. I did and
have had no further increase in BBA These SAE's love eating the stuff but only
the new growth I don't know of anything that will eat the old stuff so I'm
afraid you'l have to get rid of it manualy good luck and
regards Art