Old 09-06-2010, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Potatoes Falling Over

"Ian B" wrote in message
I mentioned before, I'm growing some spuds for the first time. They're now
a couple of feet tall and there are some flower buds developing. However
today when I went out to look a couple of the plants have sort of fallen
over; they just don't seem to be able to support their own weight. I can't
see any sign of illness; they are green and healthy looking and
unblemished.

Is this normal?

It is if you've had heavy rain :-)

I would lift them upright and earth them up, ie draw up the soil around the
stems so there's only about half as much showing.

Steve