Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Dave Millman

Default Tank Pictures

Robin Pereira wrote:

Just thought I'd share my tank pictures with the group. The tank is a 120gl.
24"x48"x24" well planted freshwater tank. It's about 6 months old. I
recently (in the past two weeks) added the Pygmy Chain Swords (Echinodorus
Tenellus) & Java Moss (Vesicularia Dubyana). Any comments would be
appreciated. I owe many in this group thanks for sharing their advice and
experience.

Beautiful tank. Congratulations!

You will find that, with time and light and ferts, either or both of those two
red lotuses will fill the tank completely. On Saturday I removed one which had
eight leaves, each one 6+ inches in diameter, with more sprouts coming AND two
baby plants on runners.

I am told that you can keep them small by trimming back the leaves that go to
the top of the water, but trimming two huge leaves per week did nothing to stop
this monster. Correction, gorgeous, beautiful monster.

Funny thing was, I planted it AND TWO OTHERS! as foreground plants some months
back. Oops.