Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Nsty N8

Default AH SUPPLY Enclosures

does anyone have any experiences with the enslosures at AH Supply? I
am a total townie with very few tools and apartment living means I
cannot head into the Garage to tinker around.

You can still do it at home... I built my own hood in 700ft^2 of space in
Philadelphia using a drill and a mitre box/saw. If you do this, be sure to
use popular or white pine or something soft. I stubbornly used Maple,
neither the saw, mitre box, or my arm were in good condition after the
project. Anyhow, box and saw are only $20 or so, handy to have around
anyway, fits right into a closet.

I constructed a fixture for my 29gal using the 2x55 bright kit, using AH's
instructions for the enclosure.
I have limited room at the back of my tank because I own an Oceanic brand tank.
They have a bulky trim around the tank, this limited my filter choice.
My first fixture (1x55) was made from pine. This material was rather soft and
it dented easily.
My second fixture (2x55) was made from red oak which was purchased and cut at
Home Depot. All I had to do was drill a few pilot holes, and assemble..... Easy
E-mail me for pics

Neight Goetz