Old 25-02-2003, 12:27 PM
Geir Harris Hedemark

Default HTML help

"Rob Zuiderwijk" writes:
The size of the table doesn't change the size/readability of the text. A
table build for 800 x 600 would contain the same size characters as a table
that would be set for your 2000 x 1600. It's all in the resolution setting
of your monitor/graphics adapter.

The glyphs would be the same number of _pixels_, yes.

But when someone runs 2kx1k6 on a 21" monitor, the pixels are much
smaller than on a k8xk6 display on a 17" monitor. I _would_ have liked
to have something along the lines of a 50" monitor, but I don't, and I
would get _such_ a crick in the neck from looking at that large a
monitor from 40cm distance.

In other words, the glyphs put on the screen would be _much_ smaller
than if my default font were used.

Setting the widths of tables in pixels is a nasty thing, and I would
like to pour a glass of cold water down the neck of the person who
thought it would be a good idea.

Geir - gets off the soapbox again