Old 12-06-2010, 06:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pete E. Kruzer[_2_] Pete E. Kruzer[_2_] is offline

Default How do I care for Dwarf Sunflowers ??

I bought several of these and have put them in larger containers.
Trying to find out how to care for them has been impossible. A Google
search revealed what's below. When the bloom has obviously lost its
"looks" should it be dead headed? How do you get the buds on the
upright stem to bloom? Any help would be appreciated.

BALLAD SUNFLOWER

Dwarf 24 inch plants (shorter in containers) produce large (up to 6
inches across) bright golden-yellow flowers with dark disks. Mildew
resistant, easy to grow, high performing plants.