Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM

Default Algae eaters question

In article
,
"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:

Hi. If I get some SAEs and some Amano shrimp. Should I still get some
ottos? Or are the SAE and shrimp enough for algae control?

Well, they all kind of play their own part in terms of their preference
for types of algae so I'd say yes get some of each. It depends on how
big your tank is on how many you get. There was a recent thread here on
how many people have of each in various size tanks. Check and read that
thread to compare some notes. I find the three you mentioned the best(if
not basically essential) in a planted tank. Another good algae eater is
the Florida Flagfish. I've had some problems with them though not
getting along with my Rams and a lone male betta in the tank. Others
have said they get along fine in their tank so YMMV. Mine was very good
at algae control but again not very social after a while. HTH,

Scott