Old 13-06-2010, 10:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What is this weed called?

In message , Terri Louise
writes

http://tinyurl.com/34kw5gk

http://tinyurl.com/3824w3g

It is an absolute nightmare in my garden, it's everywhere! I think it's
chickweed, but can anyone confirm this, and state what type it is?

It's Euphorbia peplus (petty spurge). I suspect that it is less toxic
than many Euphorbias, but it is still poisonous. Furthermore, the latex
from broken stems and leaves can get transferred from your hands to your
mouth and eyes, so unlike many plants, you can be effected without
actually eating the plants.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley