Old 13-06-2010, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default More "cold weather - happy plants"

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 Sacha wrote:

Our grape vines, even those that did nothing last year and we thought we
should get rid of them - are all /totally/ smothered in fruit, as are the
olives!!

Thats fantastic, mine are only just starting to flower.

It will be interesting to see what kind of apple crops people get this year.

My cider apple trees were covered in blossom the last time I saw them
despite having been drastically pruned. On the other hand my "pommiers à
couteau" are sulking because of the pruning with little or no blossom.

And the frost nipped *all* the new growth on my vines so, even if they
do recover, the fruit will be too late to ripen.

David

http://rance.org.uk