Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
António Vitor

Default Tank Pictures

Pereira?
humm a portuguese name...

'parece que os portugas gostam disto...'

"Robin Pereira" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Tank Specs:

Water Temperature about 78 degrees.
Lighting 4x55Watt PC 6400K.
The filter is a Eheim Pro II 2028 canister.
The substrate is 100% Seachem ONYX.
I use pressurized CO2. PH: 7, KH 7, which means CO2 around 20mg./l
GH 11.
I believe Nitrates are about 10 ppm. but I don't entirely believe the

tests
because the value never seems to change. Phosphates are zero. I don't test
iron. Ammonia & Nitrite are zero.
I change 20% of the water weekly during tank maintenance.
I dose 40ml. Tropica Master Grow/Wk. and add 10ml. Potassium Nitrate

(mixed
using info from Chuck Gadd's site). I also use Seachem Flourish Tabs in

the
substrate. I find the Lotus and Swords require them.

I've had the usual struggles with various algae, including green water,

but
the fertilization, additional nitrates etc. seems to be working. I have

also
used a diatom filter to clear the green water and it has not returned.

Robin P.

"Ghazanfar Ghori" wrote in message
et...

Very nice!
What's your fert regiment / water specs?

"Robin Pereira" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Just thought I'd share my tank pictures with the group. The tank is a

120gl.
24"x48"x24" well planted freshwater tank. It's about 6 months old. I
recently (in the past two weeks) added the Pygmy Chain Swords

(Echinodorus
Tenellus) & Java Moss (Vesicularia Dubyana). Any comments would be
appreciated. I owe many in this group thanks for sharing their advice

and
experience.

http://members.rogers.com/pereirar/

Robin P.