Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Bob Alston

Default Algae eaters question

Be careful about shrimp if you have clown loaches or other botias. I
have 1 clown and two other botias. The shrimps slowly disappeared.

I also agree with both the SAEs and ottos. I got a dozen small SAEs
and they grew up together. I like the way they school.

I have approx 5 ottos in my 55 tank w/ injected co2 and flourite
gravel. Still get some algae on the glass that is more than the ottos
can handle.

For stringy algae, I found two rosy barbs to do wonders.

Bob

"kush" wrote in message .. .
Oh, get the ottos, too, they're so cool. Get a whole bunch.

Victor M. Martinez wrote in message
Hi. If I get some SAEs and some Amano shrimp. Should I still get some
ottos? Or are the SAE and shrimp enough for algae control?

Victor M. Martinez | The University of Texas at Austin
| Department of Chemical Engineering
http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv | Austin, TX 78712
If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research, would it?