Old 15-06-2010, 09:22 AM
DennisW DennisW is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis and Jim View Post
Our koi go after the roots and quickly devour small hyacinth. What
fish have you in the pond? This year deer have tried out our hyacinth
as well, although they do not seem to like them much.

Jim
No fish of any sort. Just frogs and newts. My garden is quite large for urban standards, but certainly harbours no deer! I am however plagued by Herons, Foxes, Squirrels, Magpies and pigeons, plus an occasional visit from two Mallards.