Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Richard J. Sexton

Default Fluval vs Eheim

In article ,
Brian wrote:
I'm sure Eheims have some advantage over Fluvals, given how much more
expensive they are, and how folks in the fishy newsgroups rave about
them. I couldn't afford Eheim, but I've been not the least disappointed
in my Fluval. As reliable as any man-made appliance could hope to be.
YMMV.

How long ya had it? I've burned up two of the stupid
things in abot 3 years, one also had the incurab;e noisy
rotor thing going too. I've swicthed (back) to sponge filters
with the occasional zap with a diatom. At least you can actually
repair diatom fiters if on the odd change they screw up when they're
25 years old - I replaced the pump seal when it became leaky.

--
Richard Sexton | Mercedes Parts: http://parts.mbz.org