Old 21-06-2010, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mysterious Traveler Mysterious Traveler is offline

Default What to put on tree with stripped bark

Something got into a dwarf plum tree and stripped bark from
most of one side. It even got into the tree a few feet above
the ground. There are teeth marks everywhere. The tree is
about four feet tall and we don't have many deer around here.
I'm guessing a rabbit. There was one that was near the tree
when I was out there.

What would be good to put on the stripped areas to keep the
branches from dieing? Somewhere I heard that when pruning
a tree it isn't necessary to put pruning paint on but with
this much damage I think something needs to be applied.

I'm hunting Wabbit...
Mysterious Traveler