Old 22-06-2010, 03:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
jimmy[_3_] jimmy[_3_] is offline

Default Major garden decision today

You wont regret raised beds. I made 5 of them 4 ft wide by 10 foot long, and
am I ever having a blast along with terrific crops. If I want to sit while
working I just place a plank from one bed to the other and sit on it, moving
it back and forth gives me mobility. You will love it..good luck
"Steve B" wrote in message
I got back from nearly a month away to find a weed infested garden, and
some plants that wifey and MIL had bought, but not planted correctly.

So, good guy that I am, decide to plant said articles.

I have been messing with this garden plot for two years now. Not really
working it, just messing with it.

Today, I found out that it is from six to twelve inches of sand on top of
a caliche table. After bending a couple of shovels trying to plant some
strawberries, we have decided to make everything on raised beds, which
should be infinitely easier than growing at ground level. I have a bad
back, and can't get down there. So, now, we shall start building raised
beds in earnest, and get some really good local mulch, and start growing.
May even put a shade over it, and a good wind break.

Glad I didn't waste another year on it.

Steve