Old 26-06-2010, 12:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default It's "lock-all-doors" time of the year again

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:32:33 -0400, Bill who putters
wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Yes, the zucchinis are ripening. Mine are in plain view, yet I am just
staying ahead of them (so I think). Three days in a row, 15" zukes have
surprised me. Yet my smugness is just the cucurbit's way of lulling me
into complacency, and a false sense of security, while the crook necks,
in their villainy, plot, unobserved. Soon I'll be the pariah of the
neighborhood, as I walk the streets with my heavy load of green, and
yellow logs, searching for the unlocked car door, or the unobserved
porch. And then it's run-a-way, run-a-way.

In any event the exercise, and the fiber is good for me ;O)

Yeah, I know, too much information.

Oh the horror ! Sort of reminds me of the pods that took over.

http://articles.dailypress.com/keyword/zucchini

Wow. That is the newspaper I read for about 30 years. Many of the
names were very familiar. Nostalgia.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills