Old 27-06-2010, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Planting advice please

In message , Pete
writes
One of our flower beds is about to be completely cleared out, a membrane
laid and new flowering shrubs planted and I would welcome some advice on
suitable plants.

Some indications of scale would not go amiss. Not only how big your border
is, but what size of shrubs you are intending to plant (2 feet high
Potentillas, or 15 feet high Buddleias).
snip
--

Stewart Robert Hinsley

Yes - I should have mentioned that it is approx 60' long x 10' deep. There
are several other beds which are more "cottagey". The emphasis on this bed
will be low maintenance but lots of colour. Because there is quite a slope
on the bed (which will automatically give height to some of the planting), I
am not looking at very tall plants.

Jeanne