Old 28-06-2010, 03:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Tony is offline

Default are they safe?

Bill who putters wrote:
Concerning pond and fish.

I'd guess I killed 70% of my fish from using clarifiers that reduced the
O2. O2 GOOD low bad. This over perhaps 10 years. My fault and due to
striving for clear pristine people wanting pond.

I have a pump for the 3 little waterfalls and 2 bubbler's. I think mine
has enough oxygen. Anyway, the pump has a cheap filter that started to
fall apart. I made a new filter out of this black stuff that was used
in the ridge vent on a steel roof. The stuff works GREAT! It doesn't
clog too quickly once you get the pond reasonably clean. The water is
sparkling clear. The stuff looks similar to the extra course 3M Pads.

The guy with cow and wife ideas is not well.

OK, I'll tell the wife the cow stays and she goes.