Old 28-06-2010, 10:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L.[_2_] Dan L.[_2_] is offline

Default It's "lock-all-doors" time of the year again

In article
,
Nanzi wrote:

Wishing I wuz a neighbor......we are the only people on the face of
this earth who cannot get a decent crop from Zukes, and we love them.
Dunno what we could be doing wrong, all other crops do fine. This year
we didn't even plant any.
Sniff, sniff ~~~ :~(.
Nan in DE

What kind of cucumbers are you growing?

I think it goes like this (I could be wrong, Still brain shocked

"Pickling" cucumbers should be picked small 1-4 inches long and often.
If they get larger and start to form seeds inside the cucumber, it will
send a signal and the plant will die and start its life cycle over again.

"Slicing" cucumbers can get larger for slicing and dicing without the
plant going into its premature life cycle.

I prefer the "Pickling" Cucumbers.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.