Old 29-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Grandadkernow Grandadkernow is offline
Registered User

Smile Howard Rotovator

Hi hoping for some guidance. I have recently aquired a Howard Gem Rotovator which I believe to be a series III or IV with a Howard 2 cylinder 180 or 360 engine. My first problem was that the Wico magneto was not in good order. I have managed to obtain points, condenser and cap from an excellent source in devon. The outcome is that whilst I now have a spark the engine does not fire.

Does anyone have any advice on how to set the timing up and which plug lead outlet from the magneto goes to which cylinder?