Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
David Marshburn

Default Marsilea questions

LeighMo wrote:

: Not many people seem to keep this plant. I'm not sure why.

it's usually reported as a bog plant (at least, the few times i've
inquired about ordering it somewhere, i was told this, and i've seen it
claimed on a couple of website (unfortunately, i don't have references
handy)). i've also seen a couple of folks claim that it does fine
completely submerged.

so, i don't know what to think. if i could get my hands on some, i'd damn
the torpedoes and just try it, since i want a low, carpet plant, and only
have moderate light (144 W over a 50G). however, i can't seem to find
anyone willing to sell me some... (if anyone knows of a place to get it,
please do tell).

cheers,
-david