Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
kush

Default carpet plant suggestions

I like using lilaeopsis and it definitely meets the criteria of low
maintenance. Consider bounding it in some how, though, because when it gets
acclimated it will start to creep around where you don't want it.

A few months ago I was playing around with didiplis diandra (sp?), AKA
stargrass, and accidentally created a beautiful lawn effect. I had the
microsword in front, with a dark wood terrace behind, and then a lawn of
stargrass behind that. The microsword is about 3" and the stargrass is
about 6". The stargrass is a little more work, but nothing oppressive.

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

Mike K wrote in message
I'm setting up my first planted tank and am hoping to plant a large "lawn"
area. What have you guys had luck with? Something short, easy to care for
without constant pruning. Thanks!