Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
joevan[_3_] joevan[_3_] is offline

Default Cow Pond, The Great Park, Windsor.

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 22:36:49 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"joevan" wrote ...
"Bob Hobden" wrote:
Thanks Bob, I trust you got things worked out ok with win 7.

Reinstalled the program and it's OK now, had to reinstall .net framework
last week, and have had a number of "Blue screens of death" but all caused
by different drivers so no common cause. Not happy about Win 7 at this point
in time, it's been suggested I do a complete OS reinstall which is a right
pain on a home PC.

I have had some problems with XP but not 7 yet. Knock on wood. My
daughter is using one of my win 7 laptops now for about 6 months and
no problems. I have been using this one being used now, for just about
a month and it seems really good.
I did a restore on the big old XP workhorse, to 10 days back ,
recently due to not being able to do a scan disk on startup. It said
something about wanting to delete some long file names and then it
balked. Once I got to safe mode I uninstalled the last 2 or 3 most
recently added programs and did a system restore. It worked just fine.
I just had to update the bit defender files and a few other small
things and it was fine.