Old 02-07-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Geoff Lane Geoff Lane is offline

Default Glyphosate - when to dig in

On 30/06/2010 09:14, David in Normandy wrote:

In my experience bindweed usually needs more than one hit with
Glyphosate. The foliage can completely die off and you think you are rid
of it, but a few weeks later new shoots emerge from the ground, so it
needs hitting again. So the first spraying only weakened the root rather
than killing it. The roots are so brittle anyway and each little bit can
start putting up new shoots I'd be tempted to leave it there and keep
spraying until it is gone rather than try to dig it out and risk
breaking little bits all over.

Going by your experience then painting tumbleweed (contains glyphosate)
on a couple of leaves for hard to get at plants (in rose bushes) wont
work then.

Geoff Lane