Old 05-07-2010, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default Allotment insurance

"Peter James" wrote in message
news:1jl5lyq.10csnqsgp4rzwN%pfjames2000@googlemail .com...
Can anyone advise me on allotment insurance. I checked with the House
Insurer and we're not covered for the allotment which is 1 mile away.
Anyone with any leads to an Insurance Company who covers allotments?

We get our insurance through membership of the allotment society.

I would think this would be the way to go for most allotments - spread the
load.
This also gives 3rd party insurance including against the stupid kind of
claim where someone injures themself tryng to break into your shed.

If you don't have an allotment society then it might be an idea to form one.

NFU springs to mind as a possible insurer.

HTH

Dave R

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder