Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Marino Holguin

Default Battling Algae - Need help identifying

Some tips that worked for me:

1.- Avoid exposure to sunlight (even bounce-off light)

2.- Decrease input of nutrients. That includes fertilizer and fish
food.

3.- Increase the volume and frequency of water changes.

4.- Reduce amount of fish (if possible)

5.- More plants.

6.- Strenghten your plants with CO2 injection

7.- Make sure you are providen sufficient light for the plants to take
advantage of CO2 injection, but don't overpower or run the lights on
for too long.

6.- Did you cycled your tanks before adding fish? I didn't. It took me
more than two years to control algae.

7.- I did have some beard algae, but when I added cichlids (I'm sure
its misspelled, in spanish is cíclidos, my lousy english is not
helping me here), they were gone in a couple of days (I feed
sparingly).

Hope it helps...

Marino