Old 06-07-2010, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Allotment insurance

"Peter James" wrote
Ed wrote:

Peter James wrote:
Can anyone advise me on allotment insurance. I checked with the House
Insurer and we're not covered for the allotment which is 1 mile away.
Anyone with any leads to an Insurance Company who covers allotments?

What are you trying to insure? Against accidents to third party?
Against theft? Against drought?

I did think about insuring the shed I have erected up on the allotment.
Along with the tools and wheelbarrow it all cost me about £250. I
thought it might be worth insuring it against any vandalism or damage.

You've erected a thief magnet (a shed) and now you want to insure it? We
only had one small shed on our site and never any problems, then there was
an influx of new gardeners and they almost all erected sheds, guess what,
every one got broken into one night, rabbit fences broken down etc.
Sheds on allotments should be banned, get a towing eye and a small trailer
for your tools, you need it for manure anyway.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden