Old 07-07-2010, 01:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Foxgloves - Will cut seeds develop?

PollyWain wrote:

Hi All. My foxgloves were wonderful and now look very messy. The
flowers have gone, the seed heads have developed, but are not mature.
If I pull up the old plants and store them somewhere, will the seed
dry out & be OK to sprinkle about to ensure plants for the year after
next? Or do they need ot stay in the ground to dry out? (Seeds
currently pinhead size and green in their pods). Thanks in advance
for advice.

probably can take the whole
plant up and hang it upside down.

the seeds being so small might