Old 08-07-2010, 03:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default Foxgloves - Will cut seeds develop?

PollyWain wrote:
Hi All. My foxgloves were wonderful and now look very messy. The flowers
have gone, the seed heads have developed, but are not mature. If I pull
up the old plants and store them somewhere, will the seed dry out & be
OK to sprinkle about to ensure plants for the year after next? Or do
they need ot stay in the ground to dry out? (Seeds currently pinhead
size and green in their pods). Thanks in advance for advice.

I think you'd have better germination if you let the seeds ripen
naturally before you harvest them. Try it with half, experiment.

gloria p