Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Velvet

Default Rapid Growing Background Val

If you don't mind it going from being a good thing (growing fast) to being a
bad thing, go for giant vallis. I mistakenly put this in my 29gal tank, and
its leaves reached more than 4' length within a week. Very fast growing
leaf-wise, and very fast growing runners-wise, too. Throws out a baby every
few days to a week. My spirallis hasn't done a lot, in comparison. Nice
roots on it, and the leaves are slowly growing, but no runners off it yet.

Oh. BTW - my giant vallis now grows so fast, that it a) looks lovely, b)
shades the tank far too much, c) provides more offshoots than I know what to
do with, and d) keeps my compost heap regularly fed with plant matter...
If you're in the UK, I could attempt to ship you some offshoots next time I
trim it?

Velvet

"Patrick Chen" wrote in message
. ..
Hi! Can someone help me with selecting the Vallisneria species that grows
really fast (coz I am really impatient)? Right now, I have Val spiralis

and
it seems like it's taking forever to grow tall, although within the first
week I have tons of runners from the plants. I want the background

properly
covered :-) Please help! Thanks!
Mishtaah ICQ#: 1339628 Current ICQ status: ( Home Tel#: na na na ( Work
Tel#: la la la 7 Fax#: up yourz + More ways to contact me