Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
TrollatUofS

Default Farewell and Thanx for the advice.

Subject: Farewell and Thanx for the advice.
From: (Nsty N8)
Date: 11/6/02 10:08 PM Eastern Standard Time
Sad to say but I am calling it quits as far as freshwater live plant
keeping goes. I have seen three types of algae sweep through the tank in

year and now the DREADED brush algae is here. This is a fight I've lost
before. I know I should waterchange then fertilize and get some CO2 going

and
stock up with some new plants to starve it out but I'm not confident

that'll
work. I'm gonna tear down the tank on the weekend and go back to the

nutrient
poor bliss that is marine reef keeping in the spring. I just wanted to

say
thanx to everyone who has given me advice here, especially Tom Barr and

Chuck
Gadd. I've got to hand it to all you plant keepers who can pull it off!

thought reef was much easier and you guys got the right stuff for live

plants.

Best Regards To All

--Jim

Thats quite unfortunate.
I've had many a battles with algae, thats for sure!
Planted tanks can be sooo overated.
IDEA!!!!! ?
I could help YOU.....
I'd be willing to pay for shipping (i'll even let you discount the shipping
charges) in exchange for your plants and all related paraphernalia.

What do you say.....

All I've got is a bottle of Flora Pride and some brush algae covered plants
that were in not too good of shape before the brush algae hit. Everything else
I just put away for my next big aqua scheme. Thanx anyway.

-jim