Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Da' Fishboy

Default Someone's been eating my bacopa!

The swordtails love to devour plant material along with a protein diet.
Take the swordtails out of the tank and the nibbling will stop.

The bristlenose pleco will also graze on plant material but you can feed him
cooked green beans minus any spices or butter to prevent that. Your pleco
might also enjoy some wood in his tank to gnaw on.

My two cents...

Earl

"Ross Vandegrift" wrote in message
I've got a bunch of tetras, two swordtails, some ottos, three coryodas,
and a bristlenose pleco. I suspect it's the swordtails, trying to eat
hair algae off the leaves, and getting a bit, ahem, overzealous.

Any idea on how to prevent it? Am I perhaps underfeeding them?

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.