Old 11-07-2010, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Peace for a female pond goldfish

In article ,
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
"john hamilton" wrote:

We have a water tank with some quite big goldfish in. The males seemed to
be continually harrassing a female (one that already looks pregnant).
It was
so much that we have moved her to a smaller pond that already has some
small
goldfish in it.

Female gldfish don't "get pregnant" - they lay eggs!

They do, however, become gravid :-)

This is so that she can get some peace and be left alone. Have we do the
right thing here?

It is quite likely that they are hassling her to lay eggs, so that
they can inseminate them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.