Old 12-07-2010, 07:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Bees invaded my little outdoor frog habitat (how to get rid ofbees)

On Jul 12, 5:25*am, Judy Zappacosta zappajNOS...@Use-Author-Supplied-
Address.invalid wrote:
How can I get rid of the bees that just invaded my little frog habitat?

For months, I've been watching the tadpoles grow, and the mosquito fish
swim in a tiny 3-foot long by 10-inch wide by ten inch deep "frog habitat".

I stuffed an old blouse and put reeds in there and kept the water level
high and frogs found it. So did the mosquitoes so I added two mosquito fish
to control the larvae.

Everything was fine until the bees found it. Now they buzz around so much
that I'm afraid to watch over my little tadpoles.

How can I get rid of the bees w/o killing the frogs and fish?
(What are the bees doing there anyway; it doesn't take all day to drink!)

You will nearly always come unstuck trying to manipulate a natural
environment. Too many factors to give predictable outcomes. Leave
well alone.