Old 12-07-2010, 01:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Ok - first tomato, first blackberry and sticky pots

Ok - I had my first, maybe not quite ripe, cherry tomato - a Rosalita
(pink), a bit tart, but just a few more days and I'll have ripe ones for
sure. The rest of the cherry tomatoes are few weeks away I think.

While dumping the weeds in the compost, I found the first of the wild
blackberries. YUM - a really treat in yesterday's heat.

I'm still dividing, marking to remove and otherwise, moving plants around.
And my mulch - a trade of 4 yards for about 40 mature clumps of daylilies,
is slowing making my paths a treat again.

As too sticky pots, well, I always have to scope out what in the discount
racks at Lowes

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/18431/

Is doing wonderfully in a lightly shady spot and just lights it up.

I also got a white purple cone flower and will keep looking for more cheap
plants.

One thing I want to do is clear room in the long bed for one or two blue
leafed rose (ok - that is what I was told the name was when I was gifted
it). I gave on to my neighbor and it is doing wonderfully on the side of her
yard in the "hot bed" among the orange daylilies and red bee balm.

Cheryl
Hoping for more rain in Southern NH