Old 12-07-2010, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Ay outdoor tomatoes ripening yet?

"Broadback" wrote in message
David WE Roberts wrote:
We have tomatoes at home and at the allotment.
They seem to have set quite a lot of fruit, with the promise of masses
more to come.
However I have had one ripe cherry tomato and all the others seem
nowhere near ripening.
I would have thought that there should be some ready by now, especially
with all the warm weather.
We have several different varieties, but the majority are Sungold.

Hopefully the current burst of rain will perk everything up and
encourage more fruit.

Cheers

Dave R

My tumbling toms are healthy with lots of green toms, but no sign of
ripening. :-(

Some fruit on one of my 'tumblers' is just starting to ripen, but the
Tumbling Toms remain green. No sign of ripening yet on Gardener's Delight or
Moneymaker, either.