Old 12-07-2010, 10:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Arkadiusz Dymek Arkadiusz Dymek is offline

Default chilies

W dniu 7/12/2010 8:06 PM, Graham wrote:
I am not a gardener, but I can't get habanero peppers here [Holland] so
I am growing them on my window sill. A few days ago I got about 20 buds,
I thought bingo chilies. But now they are turning into flowers.
http://members.chello.nl/j.hutson/habanero.html
When will I get chilies?

Well, you're on the right path: to have chillies you need the flowers
first - and then they need to be pollinated, which can be the tricky
part if they're inside. You can let insects do the job or you can do it
by yourself. Here's a nice guide to chilli gardening:
http://www.selfsufficientish.com/chilipepper.htm

Best regards,
Arkadesh