Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Ay outdoor tomatoes ripening yet?

"David WE Roberts" wrote ...
We have tomatoes at home and at the allotment.
They seem to have set quite a lot of fruit, with the promise of masses
more to come.
However I have had one ripe cherry tomato and all the others seem nowhere
near ripening.
I would have thought that there should be some ready by now, especially
with all the warm weather.
We have several different varieties, but the majority are Sungold.

Hopefully the current burst of rain will perk everything up and encourage
more fruit.

Don't grow any of those small Toms, but our large ones out on the allotment
are doing well, what with all the watering. Lots of fruit setting but
nothing anywhere near ripe yet. Probably have to spray with Bordeaux Mixture
before any get ripe.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden