Old 13-07-2010, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default irrigation system

On 2010-07-12 22:55:53 +0100, yaputa said:

Can anyone recommend an effective system. I have the aldi one and the
timer works well but the hose and drip items dont work at all well. I
am going on hols soon an would like my raised bed watered . Thanks.

If the timer is ok, I would be inclined to connect it up to some soaker
hose (aka porous/seep hose) which is how I water all my raised veg beds
(using a 4-way adapter to split the supply to 4 different soaker hoses.

If that doesn't grab you, have you looked at the Aquapod system?
http://www.hozelock-aquapod.com
Very quick and easy to set up and a two-pod pack might be sufficient,
depending on the size of your bed.

Or if you like to build a micro system from scratch, the Hozelock
components work as well as any for me:
http://www.hozelock.com/watering/aut...omponents.html