Old 13-07-2010, 06:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wilson[_2_] Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Has anyone tried planting ginger?

Just for grins, I planted a 4" chunk of ginger that I bought in the market
and now, after about 3 weeks of waiting, it's sent up a shoot. I was just
wondering if anyone else here has tried planting some before. So far, it's
only up about 1.25" and is in a 6" x 6" pot of my composted soil which
drains well and is pretty rich, but I'm wondering about light & moisture
needs and anything else someone might pass on.
TIA
--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3