Old 14-07-2010, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strange Hedgey Smog Behaviour

In article ,
says...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote

I think Hedgehogs have more than one litter so the nudging could be what
passes for a hot date!

A female with young is both bold and aggressive and a year or two back
ours terrorised the dog, chasing it off and would try the same to us,
also coming into the house and stealing the dogs food out of the bowl.
plus we would see it reguarly all through the day.

Baby hedgehogs are prey to all sorts of disasters and few make it through
their first winter
--

Thanks Bob and Charlie

I do like to see birds and animals in the garden (the live ones that is) -
very theraputic watching them.
The slow speed I've seen the hedgehogs moving around, they obviously haven't
been chasing anything though!

Phil

When they are feeding they generally just snuffle around but they can
raise their skirts and ran at a fair lick! they can be quite vocal while
doing it as well, certainly saw our big wuss of a dog off :~)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk