Old 14-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Briony Briony is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenty ;-\) View Post
I am going to have a similar problem in my new house, which has as 150 ft
long garden.I am going to have two greenhouses and a veg plot which will
need a water supply & electric.The blue pipe is MDPE & screwfix do sell it,
it is £13.99 for 50m of 25mm .I am a gas engineer & this is alot cheaper
than a plumbing merchant I use,which sell the same pipe for 28.99 +vat.
Screwfix.com - Power Tools, Electrical, Plumbing Supplies & more when on the site put mdpe in to the search field ,you
should find all the pipe and fittings you require .I would try and go as
deep as 2 ft to prevent damage & for frost protection.You could phone your
water supplier for regulations on the depth.
Hope this helps
Hi all, I found this thread very useful as I want to do something similar.

However, I am going to have problem burying my hose in the first bit btween the back door and the grass as it is across a small paved terrace, and I don't fancy lifting concrete slabs. Will the blue hose degenerate under UV light (as most things plastic in the garden tend to) and should I therefore protect it from sunlight (any suggestions?).

I was thinking of using a dual tap connector on our garden tap (so that I can continue to use the garden tap for other things. Should I just turn on the tap when I want water down the end of the garden, or can I leave it on with pressure in the blue hose all the time?

"no spam here" and "kenti" - did you manage your projects, and how have they stood up to time?

Many thanks