Old 15-07-2010, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bobo Bobo is offline

Default Bulbing onion question (in need of advice)

Onions always fall over when they are bulbing, big storm or not. No
problem. I wouln't **** around tryijng to mulch underneath them
either.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:55:54 -0400, (EVP MAN)
wrote:

This season I planted some Copra onions to let bulb and use as storage
onions this winter. Two days ago, a storm came through the area with
high winds. All the tops of my onions are laid over. They were about
two foot tall and still green. My question is: what should I do?
Should I just wait for the tops to turn brown and then dig them? Will
they continue to grow with their tops laid over like this? They have
started to bulb and some are pushed up out of the soil quite far
already. Any advice please.

Thank You......... Rich from PA