Old 15-07-2010, 04:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Tomato plant stalks broken

The weight got to the stalks. I thought I had them secured but two major
branches with a lot of my best fruit bent over and are broken but not broken
through. I tied them up and straightened them out as the leaves looked
pretty perky still. Any chance they'll make it or should I just cut them
off? I lost 8 good sized fruit from another branch that was hanging only
by a thread. Can they be made to ripen possibly?

I sure beat the BER problem. It just took way more calcium than I ever
thought necessary. In the last 2 weeks I only lost 3 to BER after heavy
calcium supplements.